Monday, January 30, 2012

"Real People in Real Time"

“Real people in Real time.” As I examine and contemplate the Kingdom of God course readings, I am reminded that the essentials of ministry are inclusive of “real people in real time,” a word-to-the-wise given to me by a fellow Canadian drawing master. It remains the subject of my early Monday morning off-island ventures to Tim Horton’s in Nanaimo (or wherever I travel) to sketch (almost incognito) coffee shop people. I just finished Volume 17. Volume 1 began in 1997, and to date I have over 10,000 faces and people. These are of the same kind of souls who I am privileged to disciple on a weekly basis, and most recently in our island fellowship, to introduce them to a preaching series I’ve titled: “2012: How shall we then live?”



A page of Coffee Shop People, 6 x 8 1/2, Volume 10, by Gerrit Verstraete.

No comments:

Post a Comment